Vegan: What I eat in a day


Today I thought I'd share everything I ate on a relaxed Saturday at home.
Disclaimer- I am not claiming this is a good example, a healthy or completely balanced diet. This is just what I ate!



Breakfast-


My favourite thing about the weekend is getting out of bed whenever I want and taking breakfast back to bed! On this day I had two small pieces of toast with Pip & Nut natural peanut butter, some linseeds sprinkled on top and some cherry jam. I had this with a mug of oat milk. This is one of my favourite quick breakfasts.

Pre-lunch snack 


I then decided to go food shopping and got a little peckish before heading home to make lunch. I had been craving Yo Sushi avocado maki for ages so I decided I just needed to get some. I really enjoyed it with some soy sauce but for €3,40 I won't be buying it very often.

Lunch



My lunch was inspired by an instagrammer who I saw putting seitan in enchiladas. I decided to make seitan fajitas instead. 
I fried a little diced onion and garlic with a courgette and half a red pepper. I then added a seitan patty cut into strips with some fajita spice mix, salt and pepper and some nutritional yeast flakes. I usually would have had these with tortilla wraps but I wasn't that hungry after the sushi earlier so I made lettuce wraps instead. This was really good and I saved the other half to have with wraps for dinner the next day.

Afternoon snack



I've been making these banana bites for a while now and they are a great boost when I fancy something sweet. Here's what I do-
  1. Slice up one banana and lay the slices out flat (in a Tupperware lid or tray) and put them in the freezer. 
  2. When they are frozen, spoon about half a teaspoon of peanut butter onto half of the slices.
  3. Make little banana sandwiches by layering the other slices on top with the peanut butter in the middle. 
  4. Melt about 50g of dark chocolate and spoon the melted chocolate over each sandwich (you could melt more if you want them fully covered but I find a little dark chocolate goes a long way)
  5. Place them back into the freezer to set the chocolate.
Keep these in the freezer then you have banana ice cream bites whenever you fancy! These are so easy to make and really tasty.

Dinner


A veggie burger and chips is a classic go-to easy dinner for me. This time I made sweet potato fries with a little oil instead of using regular oven chips! I had them with a soya burger and half a can of peas and had some vegan mayo and ketchup. 
I keep trying different burgers as I'm on the hunt for the best juicy soya burgers I can find here in Italy, this one was not a winner as it was quite dry. 
That is everything I ate on this lazy Saturday. I have been enjoying making new recipes and trying new foods recently and wanted to share as I love reading 'What I eat in a day' posts from others.

My Fitness Pal stats-

1,696 Calories
174g Carbohydrates
74g Fat
13g Saturates
70g Protein 
61g Sugar
44g Fiber