What I ate Vegan in Rome, Italy: Part 2

It's official! I"M MOVING TO ROME!



As of September I will be starting my new job and relocating. I went back to Rome recently for my interview and managed to sneak a few vegan delights in while I was there too.



Veg & Veg, Mercato Centrale

I arrived into Rome into Termini station. The station has recently converted the 'mercato centrale' to house several restaurants and food stalls. I headed to Veg&Veg for a burger. The top 2 burgers on the menu are veggie and they have lots of sauce choices and potatoes available too.



I went for a L'Arzillo. It was tasty and I really enjoyed the seeded bun. The sauce, however, was a bit too spicy for me!

Fa Bio


Fa Bio is close to the Vatican City and is a little sandwich, smoothie and salad bar. There were quite a few vegan choices and the staff were so helpful. I asked the guy on the till what I should get and he was very friendly, I think if I'd asked they would have made me anything I wanted.





I ordered a Microgreens sandwich which was avocado, carrot, tofu, lettuce and artichoke 'cream'. It was very generously filled and absolutely delicious. The bread was fresh and satisfying as it was packed with seeds.

I then asked if the 'dairy free' brownie on offer was vegan and he said that yes, it had egg in it but he could recommend a vegan salted chocolate cookie. I had one of these and it was also very good.

Il Gelatone

After a wander around the outside of the Colleseum on a hot day, a quick google search for 'vegan gelato' found me at Il Gelatone. As I walked through the door I saw the biggest vegan flavour selection I think I've ever seen in a non-vegan gelateria.



I had decided on salted caramel and was just deciding between 'Nutella' and pistachio when I saw the 'Pistachio Nutella' flavour! Both flavours were absolutely delicious and I was super impressed.