What I ate vegan in Trieste, Italy

I did some research before visiting Trieste and had a list of places I wanted to check out. I had varying success so wanted to share my findings with you! Bear in mind that I visited on a quiet weekend in February, out of season.





Giardino Tergesteo- 

The first place I headed to was Giardino Tergesteo, I was not disappointed. I wrote a blog post about what I ate, read it here.

Welcome Bistrot-

I ate my evening meal here and it was incredible. You can read about it here.

ErbOsteria-

This restaurant is vegetarian and the menu looked really tasty. I walked to ErbOsteria on the saturday night, it was quite a way from my hotel. Unfortunately the restaurant was fully booked on that evening which was a shame, but it looked lovely.






Draw food-

I went to Draw food after reading reviews that they offered a range of raw meals and cakes. I went at around 3pm on a Sunday and unfortunately there wasn't any cakes on offer at that time. There did offer soya milk but I opted for a fruit tea blend which was really nice. The setting of the restaurant was lovely and was so relaxed. I did check out the menu just out of interest and they definitely had some raw vegan options. The only drawback (see what I did there?) was that my tea was €5, a bit pricey for what it was.








Gelato Marco-

Unfortunately Gelato Marco was closed for the season.

Natura Gelato-

Natura Gelato was also closed for the season when I found it!


There are of course more vegan places in Trieste or restaurants and cafes with good vegan choices but these are just the places I tried. I would recommend Trieste as a place to visit as a vegan as the food I ate was delicious.