What I ate Vegan in Disneyland Paris, France



I am writing this post in the hope it will be helpful for others. I did some research before visiting Disneyland Paris into what vegan food is available. I saw mixed opinions but I was actually pleasantly surprised. I didn't visit Disneyland for the vegan food and I could certainly get by with enough energy for long days of rides. 



Disclaimer- I was not strictly vegan on this trip. I tried my best to avoid animal product but was flexible, eating vegetarian food at times when there wasn't a lot of choice. I chose not to ask for clarification of what I could and couldn't eat in most places so I just made assumptions based on what I could see in the food. If you are strictly vegan and choose to take any of my recommendations make sure you ask whether there are any hidden dairy products. 

Earl of Sandwich, Disney Village

We arrived in the park at lunchtime on our first day and on recommendation, we went to The Earl of Sandwich. There is one vegetarian sandwich on the menu and each of the sandwiches are made to order so ingredients can be swapped and changed. I ordered the Veggie sandwich without mozzarella and ranch sauce and asked to add avocado. Other vegan travellers had said that the staff happily let you exchange the cheese for avocado but I was asked to pay €1 on top of the €6.95 for the sandwich to add a filling. I'm sure I could have argued this point but I was too hungry and tired and just paid it! I also had some wedges (€2.95) and a bottle of water (€2.75). It was a pricey lunch, as to be expected for DLP, but I have to say it was delicious. The sandwich was packed full of veggies and was yummy with avocado. The wedges had been under a heat lamp and were a little soggy so I'd give those a miss next time.




La Grange at Billy Bob's Country Western Saloon, Disney Village

On our first evening we ate at La Grange as part of our standard half board meal plan. It is a Tex-Mex buffet and we were talked through all of the options first and I was surprised that there seemed to be a few things I could eat. I started with a plate of tortilla chips with delicious guacamole and salsa. I had some salad vegetables, lentil salad and a bread roll.


I then went up to the make your own fajita stand and had a tortilla wrap with more guacamole, crispy onions and vegetable tomato rice. I had some corn (there was no butter added) and some star shaped hash browns! I enjoyed all I had at La Grange, I could of course had as much food as I wanted and had seconds or thirds. I didn't ask about vegan options and just assumed all of these things didn't contain any animal products. Dessert, as expected, was fruit- including pineapple slices, apple, kiwi, oranges and dragonfruit.


Annette's Diner, Disney Village

The best vegan meal I ate in Disneyland Paris was in Annette's Diner in the Disney Village. There was two veggie burgers to choose from as shown on the menu below, one had a base of Soybean and one was breaded Tofu.


I ordered 'The Annette's Style Soya Burger' and asked for it without the mozzerella and coleslaw. The soya burger arrived with veggies on the top and guacamole sauce on the bottom of the bun. It was so delicious and I ate it all! The soybean steak was unexpectedly pink but really tasty. At €18.99 for the burger and chips it wasn't too bad by Disneyland standards. It filled me enough for a long afternoon of steps and rides.




Chuck Wagon Cafe, Hotel Cheyenne

On our second evening, we used our meal plan vouchers to eat at the Hotel Cheyenne restaurant. Again, I didn't ask what the vegan options were and just ate the food that didn't obviously contain animal products. I started with some vegetable soup and a bread roll. I got some lentil salad, black bean salad, herby pasta (I think this just contained some oil) and some corn on the cob (be aware that the corn here did already have butter on which I did not realise).


For my second course I had some ratatouille, white pasta and tomato sauce, chickpea salad (I missed this at the salad bar before) and some chips and boiled potatoes.


As usual, dessert was fruit! I did pick up some bananas though which were great for breakfast and snacks in the park.


Agrabah Cafe, Adventureland, Disneyland Park

I was most looking forward to going to the Agrabah cafe in the Disney park as it had it been recommended by other vegan bloggers, and I was not disappointed. It was an Aladdin themed restaurant offering a Middle Eastern menu. We used our meal plan vouchers and visited at lunchtime on third day as it is not open in the evenings.



I started with lentil salad, tabbouleh, chickpea salad, ratatouille and some houmous. I was excited to find proper houmous with paprika and it was delicious. I also tried some aubergine caviar which sounded scary but turned out to just be cooked aubergines with olive oil and spices, it was actually very nice.


For seconds I had some plain cous cous, grilled vegetables, saffron rice, tomato pasta, roast potatoes and some more of the delicious houmous. There was also fruit salad for dessert here but I sneakily made some houmous rolls and took them with me for dinner instead!

Breakfast at La Cantina, Hotel Santa Fe

Breakfast was the most disappointing meal at Disneyland. On our last morning we paid €4 to upgrade our breakfast voucher for the buffet in our hotel. However, it was a continental breakfast offering mainly different types of bread and croissants. I had some toast with jam and fruit salad to start. 


I then asked if they had some soya milk and they did have some behind the counter so I got some chocolate cereal and some frosties (they may have contained honey) and had them with soya milk. I would not bother with the buffet breakfast again to be honest. I was dreaming of peanut butter or beans and hash browns!


Breakfast at Restaurant des Cascadeurs, Walt Disney Studios Park

Our standard half board meal plan included a breakfast voucher to be used in Restaurant des Cascadeurs. It was a self service restaurant where you had the choice of either Savoury or Sweet. The savoury option included an omelette burger with mayonnaise and bacon, a croissant or pain au chocolat, an orange juice, apple juice or water and a tea, coffee or hot chocolate. The sweet option contained a bread roll with jam instead of the omelette burger. 

We used our vouchers on day 2 and 3 and both days I opted for the sweet option. After eating my tiny roll with jam I wasn't satisfied and ended up eating the pain au chocolat. If you were using this option as a vegan you may be able to swap the croissant for another bread roll (I didn't ask if this was possible) but I would recommend taking bananas or cereal bars with you.


Market House Deli, Main Street, Disneyland Park

 On our last day we grabbed lunch in the Market House Deli. They offer a vegetarian sandwich which is actually vegan. It contains vegetables and a paste of sun dried tomatoes and olive oil and was actually much more substantial and tasty than I expected it to be. I would recommend if you are on the go in the park at lunchtime.

Sorry, I started eating it before I remembered to take a picture!


Starbucks, Disney Village and Hotel Santa Fe

One final thing to note is that the Starbucks in Disney Village and in our hotel had soya milk. The hot chocolate is made from chocolate syrup so it is vegan. I don't know what soya milk they use but it was an amazing hot chocolate, it warmed me up after a long day outside.


We went to the starbucks in the Disney Village one night at about 9pm and they didn't have many sandwiches left but I noticed this vegan wrap in the Starbucks in our hotel. 



Snacks-

I would recommend taking nuts, fruit and snack bars with you, they come in handy when standing in long queues. In the parks there isn't generally soya milk available for hot drinks so save yourself for Starbucks. The popcorn in the park is vegan though so that's perfect for while you watch the illuminations.

I hope you found this blog post useful, these are just my opinions and experiences. For me, Disneyland is about so much more than the food but there is enough options to get by when eating vegan. Have a fantastic time!